Radiology encompasses the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat issues beneath the skin without having to perform surgery to do so. Radiology is used to analyze broken bones, check for issues with your teeth, and conduct ultrasounds for pregnant women, along with other important procedures. If you’re looking for a radiologist in the southwest region, including El Paso and Las Cruces, the Southwest Association of Nigerian Physicians has a community of great radiologists for you to choose from. We can guarantee that you will receive the treatment you deserve.
Various Kinds of Radiology
Depending on the kind of procedure you need to have done, you may undergo different forms of radiology including:
- X-Ray – X-Rays are used to take images of your bones and other parts of your body. You may receive one if you break or sprain something and for other routine procedures, such as a mammogram if you’re a woman.
- Fluoroscopy – Fluoroscopy is a type of X-Ray that essentially checks for things in motion within your body, such as blood flow in your veins and arteries.
- Ultrasound – Ultrasounds can be used to check on a baby during pregnancy, to perform varicose vein removal treatment, and various other procedures.
- Computed Tomography – Computed tomography, or CT scanning, can be used to check for emergent issues, such as appendicitis or aortic dissection.
- MRI – Magnetic resonance imaging is primarily used to take images of your spine, brain, and musculoskeletal system.
Radiologists can operate on their own or be a part of a larger institution. When it comes to working with a radiologist, you want to work with someone who you can trust, which is why finding one who is a member of the Southwest Association of Nigerian Physicians is in your best interest. Physicians who are members of the association are dedicated to serving the community and ensuring their patients stay on track for a healthy life.