Infectious DiseasesAs human beings, we are susceptible to all kinds of infectious diseases that can plague just about every part of our bodies. Some infectious diseases go away with rest and medication while others can be trickier to treat. Regardless of the kind of disease you have, it’s in your best interest to see a physician who can help you treat it right away.
Common Infectious DiseasesThere are hundreds, thousands even, of diseases that threaten our wellbeings. Some of the most common ones include:
- Flu - We’ve all heard of the flu. The flu can cause muscle aches, high fevers, and cold-like symptoms. A yearly flu shot can help to stave off the flu, so it’s important to get one, especially since the flu can lead to other more serious diseases such as pneumonia.
- Cellulitis - Cellulitis is a skin bacterial disease that can cause serious complications if left untreated.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases - STDs are transmitted via intercourse. Some are caused by bacteria and viruses and others are caused by parasites. If you think you may have one, talking to your doctor can help.
- Urinary Tract Infections - UTIs are quite common. They happen when your kidneys, urethra, or urinary tract becomes infected with bacteria.
- Pneumonia - When you have pneumonia, the air sacs in your lungs become inflamed and may even fill with fluid, causing serious complications.